At Mascoma Bank, our commitment to community goes beyond offering a broad range of financial services, meeting the credit needs of our customers, and employing more than 400 people. In 1988, Mascoma Bank established the Mascoma Bank Foundation with $1 million for the purpose of giving back to the communities that Mascoma Bank serves. To date, the Foundation has awarded over $6 million in grants to local not-for-profit groups.
The Mascoma Bank Foundation provides capital funding to not-for-profit organizations within Mascoma Bank’s market area that will contribute to the long-term benefit of its communities. The Bank serves the Connecticut River Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire from Keene to Lancaster; the I-89 corridor from Burlington to New London; and Portland, Maine.
Typical projects may include facility and infrastructure improvements, new construction, capital campaigns, and capital items outside normal operating budgets. The Foundation is especially interested in requests or projects that:
- Significantly impact the organization’s long-term future, thereby contributing to our long-term commitment to create positive change in our communities.
- Substantially increase the capacity, long-term viability, and resilience of the organization.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Applications will be accepted for donation requests ranging from $5,000-$25,000.
- Projects should have a minimum budget size of $25,000 or more.
- The Foundation does not typically fund religious organizations, policy or advocacy organizations, and large educational or health institutions.
- An organization receiving funds from the Foundation is eligible to submit a new application if at least 24 months have passed since they have received a donation.
Proposals will be considered four times per year. Deadlines are the last day of each calendar quarter and requests are reviewed the following quarter. Submissions will take a minimum of 12 weeks to be reviewed. Applications should be complete on submission.
If you have any further questions, please contact Mariah Davis at 802-490-1866 or [email protected]
Applications can be submitted through an online portal, accessible by clicking the button below:
Board of Trustees
- Merritt Patridge - Chair - Lyme, NH
- Frank Leibly - Taftsville, VT
- Deirdre Goodrich - Norwich, VT
- Dan McGee - Lebanon, NH