We take our benefits very seriously.
That’s why we created a package that touches every aspect of a team member’s life. The following is a list of possible benefits you could receive if employed. These benefits can vary by position. Ask human resources for more details.
Managing Your Health
- Medical and Vision Coverage – Three medical and two vision options available so you can choose a plan that fits you and your family. Generous Bank contribution.
- Dental Insurance – Two options available; paid 100% by the Bank for full-time employees.
- Wellness Program – The Wellness Program was developed to bring awareness of total well-being to employees by exposing them to the numerous wellness resources in our communities. The goal is to provide wellness activities and events for all areas of wellness including, but not limited to: financial, community, physical, career, social, health and awareness. Participate in the program and you can earn either a 1/2 day or full day off with pay.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)– Our EAP helps you or a family member that might be experiencing either a personal, or work-related, problem to gain access to valuable counseling services. This benefit is available at no cost.
- Smoke/Tobacco Free Work Environment
- Designated by NH Governor as a Recovery Friendly Workplace
Managing Your Family
- Bank-provided Group Life Insurance – A basic level of life insurance paid 100% by the Bank.
- Dependent Life Insurance – $10,000 of spousal coverage ($2500 for children) paid 100% by the Bank. Additional coverage available.
- Voluntary Supplemental Long-Term Care, Disability, Accident, Hospitalization, and Specific Illness Insurance – Available to employees at competitive rates.
- Employee Assistance Program – Life counseling and personal assistant services. Paid 100% by the Bank.
- Generous Earned Time Program – Paid time-off to spend with your family.
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays.
- Workplace Flexibility – Opportunity for alternative work arrangements for some positions.
- Time off for volunteering for local non-profits.
- Maternity leave for 12 weeks at 100% pay as part of FMLA on the first of the month following 90 days of employment.
- Paternity leave for 2 weeks at 100% pay on the first of the month following 90 days of employment.
- Primary Caregiver leave for 6 weeks at 60% pay on the first of the month following 90 days of employment.
- Civic (Voting) time off for 2 hours on the first of the month following 90 days of employment.
Managing Your Money
- Mascoma Bank 401(k) Retirement with Match (100% vested)– An opportunity to save for your retirement. You are 100 percent vested from the start, and the company provides a matching contribution following three months of service. You must be 18 years of age to participate.
- Non-elective contribution of 5% made to the 401K annually.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax-saving reimbursement accounts for health and dependent care expenses.
- Health Savings Account with partial Bank Contribution – An opportunity for those in the High Deductible – Consumer-Driven Health Plan to set aside pre-tax income to pay for health care expenses or save for retirement.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Coverage – Benefits that protect your income if you are unable to work due to personal illness or injury.
- Financial Advisors – Financial advisors and planners are available free of charge.
- Interest Free Computer Loan – Get the latest technology and sharpen your skills with a no-interest loan to qualifying employees.
- Employee Assisted Housing – Mascoma Bank will provide a small rate reduction when you purchase a home.
- Matching Donations to Local Non-Profits – Mascoma will match up to $300 per year of your donations to qualifying local non-profits.
- Mascoma Perks – Various discounts at local museums, entertainment venues, and retailers.
- Stakeholders –You will be a participant in our stakeholders program and receive a portion of the yearly stakeholders payout based on Bank performance, which can add to base pay.
Managing Your Career
- Onboarding, Orientation and Training for New Employees – We have developed a program that helps you succeed in your career at Mascoma Bank.
- Computer-based Training – Our software and online resources will help you improve your job skills at your own pace.
- Mascoma Leadership Development Program – This year long program provides you with an opportunity develop your leadership skills, become involved in a capstone program to benefit the bank and to learn from the experiences of other employees and leaders with similar career interests and aspirations.
- Support of Banking Schools, certificate programs, and other specialty schools to support your career path.
- Internal Job Application Program – We attempt to promote from within! You will have an opportunity to apply for other jobs within the company.
- Situational Leadership Program – You will meet monthly with your supervisor to discuss progress and projects.
- Performance Management – Mascoma’s program ensures you know what is expected, receive regular feedback and are recognized for your contributions.
- In-House Certifications – We encourage you to take courses and earn in-house certificates related to your position.
- Mentoring and Coaching – Mascoma’s education and development team is there for you – coaching and matching you with a mentor to help you as your career progresses.
- Tuition Reimbursement – Financial assistance to help you with the cost of continuing your education.
- Student Loan Assistance - We will make direct contributions to employees' existing student loans.
- Recognition – We celebrate success. Mascoma Bank annually recognizes individuals for their milestone years of services. Our Value Image Award recognizes staff members for displaying our core values in their work.