We take our benefits very seriously.
That’s why we created a package that touches every aspect of a team member’s life. The following is a list of possible benefits you could receive if employed. These benefits can vary by position. Ask human resources for more details.
Managing Your Health
- Medical and Vision Coverage – Three medical and two vision options available so you can choose a plan that fits you and your family. Generous Bank contribution.
- Dental Insurance – Two options available; paid 100% by the Bank for full-time employees.
- Wellness Program – The Wellness Program was developed to foster a healthy work environment and encourage employees to adopt healthier and more active lifestyles. Participate in the program and you can earn either a ½ day or full day off with pay. As part of our wellness initiative, we use ShapeUp, an online social program, to help you with the health goals and activity levels.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)– Our EAP helps you or a family member that might be experiencing either a personal, or work-related, problem to gain access to valuable counseling services. This benefit is available at no cost.
- Smoke/Tobacco Free Work Environment
Managing Your Family
- Bank-provided Group Life Insurance – A basic level of life insurance paid 100% by the Bank.
- Dependent Life Insurance – $10,000 of spousal coverage ($2500 for children) paid 100% by the Bank. Additional coverage available.
- Voluntary Supplemental Long-Term Care, Disability, Accident, Hospitalization, and Specific Illness Insurance – Available to employees at competitive rates.
- Employee Assistance Program – Life counseling and personal assistant services. Paid 100% by the Bank.
- Generous Earned Time Program – Paid time-off to spend with your family.
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays.
- Workplace Flexibility – Opportunity for alternative work arrangements for some positions.
- Time off for volunteering for local non-profits.
Managing Your Money
- Mascoma Bank 401(k) Retirement with Match (100% vested)– An opportunity to save for your retirement. You are 100 percent vested from the start, and the company provides a matching contribution following three months of service. You must be 18 years of age to participate.
- Mascoma Bank Cash Balance Plan – Each year, your cash balance retirement account is credited with an amount based on your salary and years of service. Interest accrues on your account. Plan is 100% funded by the Bank. Participation begins after one year of employment. You must be 21 years of age to participate.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax-saving reimbursement accounts for health and dependent care expenses.
- Health Savings Account with partial Bank Contribution – An opportunity for those in the High Deductible – Consumer-Driven Health Plan to set aside pre-tax income to pay for health care expenses or save for retirement.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Coverage – Benefits that protect your income if you are unable to work due to personal illness or injury.
- Financial Advisors – Financial advisors and planners are available free of charge.
- Interest Free Computer Loan – Get the latest technology and sharpen your skills with a no-interest loan to qualifying employees.
- Employee Housing Assistance – Mascoma Bank will provide a discount on closing costs or a small reduction in the rate when you purchase a home.
- Matching Donations to Local Non-Profits – Mascoma will match up to $300 per year of your donations to qualifying local non-profits.
- Mascoma Perks – Various discounts at local museums, entertainment venues, and retailers.
- Stakeholders –You will be a participant in our stakeholders program and receive a portion of the yearly stakeholders payout based on Bank performance, which can add to base pay.
Managing Your Career
- Onboarding, Orientation and Training for New Employees – We have developed a program that helps you succeed in your career at Mascoma Bank.
- Computer-based Training – Called BVS, our software and online resources will help you improve your job skills at your own pace.
- Mascoma Leadership Development Program – This year long program provides you with an opportunity develop your leadership skills, become involved in a capstone program to benefit the bank and to learn from the experiences of other employees and leaders with similar career interests and aspirations.
- Support of Banking Schools, certificate programs, and other specialty schools to support your career path.
- Internal Job Application Program – We attempt to promote from within! You will have an opportunity to apply for other jobs within the company.
- Situational Leadership Program – You will meet monthly with your supervisor to discuss progress and projects.
- Performance Management – Mascoma’s program ensures you know what is expected, receive regular feedback and are recognized for your contributions.
- In-House Certifications – We encourage you to take courses and earn in-house certificates related to your position.
- Mentoring and Coaching – Mascoma’s education and development team is there for you – coaching and matching you with a mentor to help you as your career progresses.
- Tuition Reimbursement – Financial assistance to help you with the cost of continuing your education.
- Student Loan Assistance - We will make direct contributions to employees' existing student loans.
- Recognition – We celebrate success. Mascoma Bank annually recognizes individuals for their milestone years of services. Our Value Image Award recognizes staff members for displaying our core values in their work.