Mascoma Bank Debit Card smsGuardian
Mascoma Bank Debit Card smsGuardian is a free service available to Mascoma Bank debit card customers. This service monitors your debit card purchases with Guardian Text Alerts.
When you sign up for smsGuardian, you will receive a text message when a transaction is made to your registered debit card when:
- A transaction is made that is greater than $300.00
- A transaction that is international
- A transaction that is funding an account – such as prepaid cards, financial accounts, person-to-person and digital wallets
- A transaction where the ‘card is not present’ – such as online or phone purchase or payments
- A transaction is declined
If you authorized this transaction- you do nothing.
If you did not – you reply with the code that is sent to you and you will be contacted by our Fraud Center for further review.
- An added layer of debit card monitoring where you are in control to help identify suspicious activity.
- The text alert comes right to you on your cell phone.
- If fraudulent activity is detected – You can respond to our text and you will be contacted by our Fraud Center for further review.
- Set a “Do Not Disturb” timeframe and you will not receive text during that time.
- You can cancel your Guardian Text Alert subscription anytime by replying “STOP”
- Texting “HELP” will get a text sent to you with a number to call for support.
- Enrollments are good for one year. You will be notified prior to the expiration date with the option to renew.
You must register your debit card(s):
- Click smsGuardian to sign up and register your debit cards.
- You will need your debit card number and postal zip code to register.
- View Terms and Conditions
- Enter the cell number that you wish to receive the text message on – click submit
- You will receive a code(Example: “start C3SDKG”), follow the on-screen directions to text your code and complete your enrollment.
- You will receive a text verifying the enrollment is complete. Once you receive a message, we recommend that you save the number from which the message is received in your phone’s contacts as “MB Card Alerts” or something similar that you will recognize as a legitimate sender.
* Message and Data Rates May Apply
* You may discontinue the receipt of Alerts immediately by texting the word “STOP” (without quotes) in reply to a Guardian Alert. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the smsGuardian website.
* Some mobile service providers require that we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to their customers participating in the smsGuardian Alert program. Cardholders will receive an alert message every 30 days reminding them of the subscription if their monthly provider is Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin. The alert message will display as: “Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for Mascoma Bank. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.