Mascoma Savings Bank Debit Card smsGuardian is a free service available to Mascoma Savings Bank debit card customers. This service monitors your debit card purchases with Guardian Text Alerts. When you sign up for smsGuardian, you will receive a text message when a transaction is made with your registered debit card for a charge greater than $300.00 or any transaction that is declined. If you authorized this transaction – you do nothing. If you did not – you reply with the code that is sent to you and you will be contacted by our Fraud Center for further review.
- An added layer of debit card monitoring where you are in control to help identify suspicious activity.
- The text alert comes right to you on your cell phone.
- If fraudulent activity is detected – You can respond to our text and you will be contacted by our Fraud Center for further review.
- Set a “Do Not Disturb” timeframe and you will not receive text during that time.
- You can cancel your Guardian Text Alert subscription anytime by replying “STOP”
- Texting “HELP” will get a text sent to you with a number to call for support.
- Enrollments are good for one year. You will be notified prior to the expiration date with the option to renew.
You must register your debit card(s):
- Click smsGuardian to sign up and register your debit cards.
- You will need your debit card number and postal zip code to register.
- View Terms and Conditions
- Enter the cell number that you wish to receive the text message on – click submit
- You will receive a code(Example: “start C3SDKG”), follow the on-screen directions to text your code and complete your enrollment.
- You will receive a text verifying the enrollment is complete. Once you receive a message, we recommend that you save the number from which the message is received in your phone’s contacts as “MSB Card Alerts” or something similar that you will recognize as a legitimate sender.