We asked our staff what they considered the overall top reasons to work at Mascoma Savings Bank.
Here’s what they said:
- We’re mutual – no stockholders – and we are not for sale!
- Outstanding educational opportunities for professional and career growth through in house workshops, leadership programs and external classes.
- Our wellness program is amazing. Our staff can earn time off and prizes for participation. Our wellness team sponsors fantastic activities like a wellness fair, online challenges, chair massages,
softball games, and an old school gym night.
- Great benefits including a wonderful retirement plan. Mascoma Perks from discount heating oil, warehouse club memberships, to raffles of local performances are an added plus.
- Outstanding earned (paid) time off plus bank holidays. After three months, you start accumulating time off in your first year.
- Mascoma Savings Bank senior leadership team is accessible and approachable. We have awesome people from the top down.
- We’re big enough to serve our customers and employees well, yet small enough to care. Employees are treated like a people not numbers.
- You can work where you live! We have 28 convenient locations in the Connecticut River Valley from Keene, NH to Lancaster, NH – Bethel, VT to New London, NH.
- Commitment to employee wellbeing. The Bank values, cares for and respects its staff.
- Stakeholders. Our annual meeting (stakeholders) comes once a year and it is full of laughs. It shows the “hidden” talents of our senior leadership team and other staff members. Seriously, it shows how our staff has made an impact on the bank’s performance and what they will receive as a bonus (if any) at year end.
- Employees learn more about banking each day which in turn helps them to improve and manage their personal finances.
- We make a difference. Each day we work in a variety of ways to help people in the communities that we live in.
- FOOD! We have summer barbecues at many of our branches and for non-profits.